Head of IT
Are you looking for a role in which you can combine your Programme Management expertise alongside implementing and developing the strategic direction of the Division? Do you have experience of working in complex matrix structure organisations?
We have an opportunity for a Head of IT within our Specialities Division. As Head of IT Specialities you will be responsible for developing a clear vision for how IT will support the divisional strategic direction (systems, applications and infra structure) and also the successful delivery of key projects as a Programme Manager.
· Supporting the divisional strategy by creating an IT vision and roadmap on solutions and services
· Constructing and drive the execution of the IT Roadmap
· Initialising and executing IT programmes within the division
· Managing the Head of IT Municipal UK
· Efficiently translate business needs, providing digital solutions for the current way of working to make the processes more efficient and make the business future proof
· Act as the programme manager. A significant part of the remit will be focused on managing our Navision replacement
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Deliver an IT divisional strategy and roadmap for the next 5 years.
· Successful delivery of projects as Programme Manager
· Translate the 5 year plan into an annual budget, executing the projects on time within budget.
· Deliver Microsoft Dynamics solution at pace balancing and optimising business and system requirements
· Direct the provisioning of new and enhanced services as per requirements
· Business needs regarding IT services to the IT organisation are met (SLA) throughout the entire lifecycle of service
· Full accountability for IT services for the division
· Managing stakeholders and developing a partnership between IT and the business, by developing relationships, managing expectations, and facilitating two-way communication.
· Maintaining the demand process for new proposals with overall responsibility for steering these proposals through the early phases of approval, resource management and through to delivery (often by Group IT).
· Address business demand by ensuring high level technology requirements are captured and impact analysis is provided to business;
· Develop and support the team to respond to current and future demands of a constantly changing technological and business landscape
Skills and Experience Required
The Head of IT Specialities will need to operate with energy, conviction, commitment and business leadership. This person will stimulate challenging debates and ensure clear, robust and fact based decisions.
· Previous experience in a similar level position and delivery of a significant programme
· Experience of working in a matrixed business and multi divisional environment
· Experience of leading IT operational functions through transformation, PMI and improvement programmes
· Experience of working with a geographically dispersed team and function
· Experience working with a complex business stakeholder environment to understand business drivers and relate them to IT capability
· Experience of managing third party providers to ensure they are strategic and value adding partners
· Strong commercial, legal and executional background with IT operational providers
· Experience of working with senior stakeholders (C-Level and MD’s)
· Skilled in project management, demand management with a delivery model at Group.
Renewi offer a highly competitive salary package and benefits, negotiable depending on experience.
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 6,500 employees over 162 locations in 6 countries in Europe. Collectively we handle more than 13 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 91% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.