Renewi’s HR function is going through an exciting time of development and change, as HR Director for Specialities you will be in a position to drive and influence the realisation of some big ambitions. As part of both the divisional management team and the HR Leadership team, this position is key in partnering with the business to deliver the people elements of the strategy, alongside delivering the HR strategy effectively within the division. In addition to the divisional role, this position is accountable for the operational HR for the UK organisation.
The Specialities HR Director will be a true Business Partner to the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team, working in coordination with the Group HRD. They will have ultimate responsibility for all people-based activities within the Division from both operational and strategic perspectives. A proactive change agent with an all-round generalist background including coaching capabilities, the HR Director must be a proven leader with the ability to deal tactfully and confidently with key stakeholders across all areas of the business. Key activities will include policy development, talent management, learning and development, employee relations, employee engagement and organisational development and design.
- Providing overall leadership and direction for the HR function within the Division (which includes three separate business lines across the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Portugal).
- Developing and implementing an annual HR strategy agenda in line with the Divisional business plan and Group HR Initiatives ensuring flexibility to cope with changes in the organisation as and when they occur.
- Developing and implementing the strategic and tactical elements of the entire divisional people plan through clear direction setting and empowering the HR Team to take the lead in their own areas of responsibility.
- Partner with members of the Senior Management Team in the successful delivery of their objectives whilst coaching the right behaviours to ensure that the ‘how’ is recognised as being just as important as the ‘what’.
- Partnering to deliver core HR processes and calendar working closely with the senior team (including talent review, succession management, performance development, reward cycles).
- Partnering when required with senior management recruitment activities.
- Ensuring organisational changes which impact IR & ER are managed effectively.
- Developing with the management team HR wide policies and procedures whilst full support is provided to Line Managers during implementation phases.
- Partnering with Learning and Development in ensuring the delivery of targeted training and development programmes and the utilisation of the apprenticeship levy.
- Improving management/employee communications and engagement.
- Ensuring compliance with employment law to ensure avoidable litigation is achieved.
- Responsibly for the development of the HR annual budget recommendations and implementation.
- Direct line management of HR Business Partners / Advisors and the UK HR service team, with indirect management of Recruitment and Learning and Development Specialists.
- Significant HR generalist experience.
- HR management experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience of partnering with and influencing geographically dispersed management teams.
- Effective multiple stakeholder management, preferably in a matrixed organisation structure.
- Experience of partnering and collaborating at a senior HR level.
- Strong track record in delivering company-level change management initiatives.
- Demonstrable success in the development and implementation of HR strategies.
- Employment law knowledge with the ability to apply this to a range of situations with a commercial and pragmatic approach.
Leadership, Behavioural and Personal Characteristics
- Passionate about building and maintaining an engaging culture.
- Results focused and committed to achieving goals.
- Has high standards when it comes to personal and professional ethics.
- A true self-starter, with proven change management capabilities.
- Excellent influencing and persuasion skills.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Capacity to constructively challenge conventional ways of working and established business models.
- Ability to demonstrate inspirational leadership.
- A true team player with a low ego, a good sense of humour and strong work ethic.
- A highly energised leader with passion and drive.
- £65,000 - £88,000 pa (negotiable depending on experience).
- 15% Bonus.
- Car allowance £8,000.
- Pension, Life Assurance, ShareSave Options, YuLife, Retailer Discounts/.
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 600 employees over 30 locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 6,500 employees over 162 locations in 6 countries in Europe. Collectively we handle more than 13 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 91% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.