In this challenging role you will have excellent opportunities to experience and understand a variety of areas within Renewi as you will contribute to all Divisions and Group. You will communicate on various levels within the Group involving a complex stakeholder landscape. The Internal Auditor will be based in the Netherlands with frequent travel across Netherlands and Belgium and occasional travel to the UK. You report directly to the Head of Risk, Control & Audit.
The internal auditor plays an important part in establishing the annual internal audit plan and is accountable for the planning, execution and reporting of Internal Audits. The Internal Auditor will work closely with both the Group Team and the Division Teams.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defining the Audit Universe
- Performs in the internal audit risk assessments;
- Plays a key role in the design of the annual Internal Audit Plan as well as the long term vision for Internal Audit;
- Execution of the internal audits consisting of research and analysis of the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of financial (accounting) processes and internal control;
- Prepares internal audit reports and recommendations;
- repares the Audit Committee papers;
- Tracking and tracing of internal audit findings to ensure the recommendations are followed up and actioned on a timely basis. Report on the progress of close out and overall status on a monthly basis, identifying potential backlogs at an early stage;
- Manages stakeholders and is a partner of the operating Divisions;
- Keeping the audit universe up to date to ensure an holistic view for internal audit;
- Encourages management for efficiency and continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the internal processes and controls;
- Reports, evaluates and discusses findings and recommendations from audits to senior management and ensures the appropriate actions are implemented.
To be successful in this role you need a critical mindset, always thinking about how to do things better every day without being bureaucratic. This requires careful stakeholder management and business partnering with our operating Divisions.
Professional degree in Audit (RA or nearly completed) or Internal Audit.
- 5-10 years relevant auditing experience, either within a (Big 4) audit firm and/or in an international corporate environment as an internal auditor.
- Experience with EDP auditing is considered a plus.
- Independent and self-starting attitude
- Analytical, structured, energetic, pragmatic and organised with attention to detail.
- Able to approach a problem from multiple angles and propose a variety of solutions
- Team player with a strong sense of responsibility and willingness to build and improve
- Good project management skills
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate across various levels within the Group
- And maybe most important an open mind-set and willing to learn
Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbally and written (French is a plus).
Of course we offer you a competitive salary for this role based on education and experience. But we do not only compensate our employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. That is why we invest in our employees to develop themselves in a challenging and varied job, within an organisation that keeps moving. We facilitate in both external education and training as well as through an internal Finance Academy. We have a flat organisation structure which helps the short lines of communication. Because of these short lines the atmosphere is open and informal.
Will you become our Internal Auditor?
Apply before February 15 or for more information please contact Christel Jongh, Senior Recruiter, at email@example.com
The first interviews are scheduled on 17-2 and 19-2, via Teams.
Who are we?
Would you like to more about Renewi, Please click here.
In short… The result of our work? Less waste, smarter (re) use of scarce raw materials and less CO2 emissions. In this way, we are working on a cleaner, circular world in which waste no longer exists.
Did you know…
We annually achieve a CO2 reduction that is comparable to the emissions that Amsterdam produces in two months?