Product Manager Residual Waste
Are you looking for a new challenge where you will be the lead of our combustible waste approach and where you can join our journey towards a circular economy? And do you want to use your skills and knowledge within a company which is operating at the heart of the circular economy? Then you might be the right candidate for this job!
Product Manager Residual Waste
Imagine a world where nothing is wasted, and everything is reused. A world that is not only cleaner, but healthier and happier for people to live in. This is a world that we’re determined to make possible. As a pure-play recycling company, we generate revenue by converting the waste we process into secondary materials, which we sell to our customers. Unlike many of our competitors, who typically draw revenue from the incineration of waste, our activities generate revenue while contributing to a circular economy.
Our biggest division Commercial Waste has translated this into one of its three strategic pillars: "Leader in recycling & secondary materials production”. The Product Manager Residual Waste has a leading and facilitating role in realising this ambition and develops/manages our roadmap to prevent the incineration of recyclable materials and increase recycling of (part of) the residual waste that we collect from our customers.
Your key responsibilities:
- You take the lead in developing a roadmap for residual waste based on our vision and strategy. Taking into account financial value and Renewi’ s sustainable goals to recycle more and emit less greenhouse gases.
- You will promote new solutions for waste that currently goes to incineration. Oversee and organize the product placement and processing throughout the total value chain, in order to build strategic partnerships with new technologies that convert waste to a product.
- You will develop new business and create new value chains to maximise end-to-end margin, circularity, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and customer satisfaction.
- You will initiate and execute innovative projects for pretreatment and sorting of the waste, to align with customers quality specifications. Implementation of quality compliance and optimising volumes.
- You are a driver for new concepts for delivery of "secondary raw material" and represents Renewi in external -relevant- Forums.
- You are responsible for and will take the lead in a multifunctional team (Operations, Innovation, M&A, Sales, Product Sales Group, etc.) when it comes to the overall direction regarding the future development of the residual waste flow within the division.
Where will you end up?
In this hybrid role you can be based anywhere, as long as your location is a Renewi location. You will be on the road for at least one third of your time. You will lead a multidisciplinary product team and you will report to the Manager Innovation. Our culture is open and straight in which great value is attached to initiative, enthusiasm, humor, and results. Together with your colleagues you contribute to our mission: to be the market leader in the waste-to-product business. We want to remain market leader and we need your talent for that!
What we believe will help you to be successful in this role:
Our ideal candidate has an academic background with at least five years similar experience gained in the waste (pre)treatment and/or incineration environment you are keen to develop your career within a dynamic and entrepreneurial business. Furthermore:
- Expertise in the market of treatment of residual or mixed waste; (pre)sorting, separation or processing(incl. incineration).
- Network in the market - either on product side or waste side.
- Future leadership capabilities: ability to grow with the organisation.
- Strong, determined, energetic self-starter, positive, supportive and passionate.
- Excellent communication skills (in English and preferably some Dutch) to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Master degree from University of Technology, Wageningen University or similar.
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary (max 100K) with a company car, bonus opportunity, laptop and smartphone and good pension plan.
- You contribute to a business plan coming together, evaluation of such and strive to reach the desired result.
- Varying job in an international, dynamic organization in which you can continue to develop yourself and with freedom for own input that is taken into account.
- Minimum of 27,5 holidays.
Are you ready to make the world and your career a better place?
Apply as soon as you can and make the change. In case of any planned holidays don’t let this prevent you of applying for this very interesting role. Just mention this in your cover letter and we will manage this. For more information please contact Christel Jongh, Senior Recruiter, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Is this job not yours but do you know someone who would fit perfect in this profile? Please feel free to send them this vacancy.